Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bambi

No matter what age you are, everyone enjoys watching a classical WaltDisney movie like Bambi. The movie really warms your blood pumper and for some people can be a real tear jerker. Growing up Bambi was always one of my favoirites, it was filmed in 1942 by director David Hand. Bambi is a passionate story about a young fawn who is learning about the world around him and how to be independent after his mother is shot when he is still a baby. From his day of birth, Bambi is known as the 'Young Prince' because his father is the 'Great Prince' of the forest.


The annimated film was nominated for three Oscars including Best Music - Origional Song, Best Music - Scoring of a Dramatic or Comedy Picture, and Best Sound. I absolutely love this movie. Everytime I see it and the mother gets shot, I almost cry, I'm so thankful to have my mom and I cannot imagine what it would be like to grow up without her because I depend on her for so many things. Bambi also brings me a lot of laughs, even though it may be really immature childish things, I love it. One of my favorite parts of the movie is when Bambi's friend rabbit Thumper takes Bambi ice skating on the frozen pond. Bambi is still getting used to his legs and it is just a commical part of the movie. Another adorable scene is when Bambi learns how to say 'Bird' the way the word is pronounced always gives me a giggle. Just like any little kid, after learning something new, Bambi prances around calling everything a bird, until a butterfly lands on his tail and he learns how to say that.

Throughout the movie Thumper is reminded by his mother about lessons his father has taught him on how to be a better 'person'. These are things that children should know from when they are young to help them be a better person and develop better social skills while growing up. This is a movie that we grow up watching and cannot wait until we have children of our own to watch and pass from generation to generation. This is definitely one of my favorite Disney movies and if there is anyone who has not seen it, the only thing I have to say is what the heck is wrong with you?! Seriously though, it's an amazing movie and I recommend anyone to watch it at what ever age because we can should never forget that "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" I give this movie a great five out of five stars and will continue watching it until the day that I die!

No comments:

Post a Comment